Color-coded Fiber Zones: What Do They Mean?
4:55PM May 18, 2018
Consolidated’s CrowdFiber site is now using color to better communicate the various fiber zone stages. Simply locate your zone and note its color. Check back often and stay up-to-date with what’s happening in your area.
- Gray – Gathering Interest . This is the time when you and your neighbors need to actively register on this site to tell us you want fiber internet service.
- Yellow – Planning/Design . This color indicates that residents have shown a strong interest in Consolidated’s fiber internet service, so we’re in the stage of actively planning to build fiber to each electric resident we serve in the zone.
- Orange – Sign Up/Commitment . The engineering work is complete, and we’re set to begin construction. Generally, we wait for enough residents to sign up so that it’s cost effective to build the network.
- Dark Orange – Construction/Goal Met . Congratulations! The goal’s been met in your zone, and a timeline for fiber network construction to your home is established. Labor and materials are also allocated. Depending on the size of your zone, construction can vary from a few weeks to a couple of months. We’ll communicate construction progress and talk with you about any special situations involving your property that might make fiber construction complicated.
- Green – In Service ! Construction is complete and service is active. We are still accepting new fiber internet customers in these areas.